Aaahhh... the joys and pains of motherhood. I like where I am now. Though there are many challenges along the way but I have managed to get through them. Indeed, I haven't prayed for an easy life, I prayed to become a strong person, just like the saying from an old framed wall poster in my uncle's house of long ago.
A week ago, my eldest daughter celebrated her fourth birthday (Yehey!). A week later (two days ago), she was bitten by our old dog (a doberman!) because she provoked him (Aww!). We rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night when we should have been sleeping already. Then early morning, we went back to the hospital again for the needed anti-rabies shots. Tsk! One can never tell when accidents happen with young children.
Right now, I'm writing this blog at 3 a.m. because I felt I just had an epiphany. I should be writing more amid the demands of taking care of my children, taking charge of the household chores, and other interests that take up my time --- such as meeting people and sharing about financial education and helping secure their financial future.
I have been a Financial Advisor for about eight months now. Still a rookie, still a few apps and ACs, still relentless in the mission of sharing information about personal finance, financial planning, saving and investing and hopefully make more people aware of what I didn't know better before I met Sun Life.
I just took my licensing exam for the Investment Company Representative Certification Program (mutual funds) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (on the same day in between taking my eldest daughter to the hospital for her first anti-rabies shots). I fervently pray that I got the answers right and pass it since I was admittedly flustered during exam day.
Nevertheless, I am hopeful that 2014 brings brighter opportunities and better chances at life. This is a new direction that I am taking. I am looking forward to facing more people and making them realize about their financial needs and how they can possibly address these needs with discipline and time.
And now I'm going back to bed as I hear my 6 mo. old baby making her signature sounds, signifying that she is awake. Better get back to sleep. Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment